Daniel and I are very excited to be having a little baby girl in late January or early February 2012!
We went in for a very detailed ultrasound this week, and the technician measured her little head and abdomen and arms and legs, as well as checked out all her organs and body parts and whatnot, all of which are normal and developing at a good rate.
At our first ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy at 8 weeks, she was only about 18mm long, less than an inch, and looked pretty blobular, though definite arms, legs, and a head were visible if one knew where to look. It was amazing to see how much she had grown in just 10 short weeks!
The doctor provided me with a stat sheet telling me all her measurements, which I totally wanted but did not expect them to give me without me having to ask. I love that kind of stuff!! Please share my enjoyment as I list her little statistics:
- Biparietal Diameter (BPD): 4.11cm. This is how big across her skull is.
- Head Circumference (HC): 15.47cm.
- Femur Length (FL): 2.64cm. Her tiny little femur is only about an inch long!!
- Humerus Length (HL): 2.47cm.
- Abdominal Circumference (AC): 12.78cm. Her head is bigger around than her body is.
- +1 water magic (This one came from Daniel, not from the ultrasound technician)
Using the BPD, HC, AC, and FL measurements, they took these and put them into a formula to estimate her weight at 254 grams, or about 8oz.
Now please enjoy these pictures!
I have such an awesome baby and I can’t wait to meet her!